Mix n Match Marketing
There are so many choices today for where to spend marketing dollars, it is really not surprising that small businesses often ask, “What should my marketing plan include?” Hopefully this will provide some insight into what your marketing strategy should include. Even if you can not afford all of these in your budget, your marketing strategy should contain a good mix of them.
- A search engine optimized website
- Ongoing SEO (search engine optimization) and/ or PPC (pay per click)
- Fresh website content – new specials, meaningful incentives, etc.
- Public relations – both online and traditional Social media sites, a strategy and fresh content – the basic four are a blog, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Email newsletter – further reaching and greater savings than printing/sending traditional newsletters
- Referral and/or Rewards program for existing clients
- Ads or articles in publications reaching target market
- Mobile-friendly website (i.e. NO flash, mobile usability)
- QR codes
- Reputation management and monitoring – set Google alerts, respond to negative comments on review sites such as Yelp, Google, Twitter, etc.
- Social couponing –who doesn't love using coupons that you find on social media sites, of course you can still use traditional newsletters and circulars too.